To achieve compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), including as implemented via EU members’ national legislation, GlobeTax participates in and adheres to the European Commission and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for personal information transferred from the European Union transferred in reliance thereon. Details of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework may be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/
Globe Tax Services, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to Jams Mediation and Arbitrators, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of Jams Mediation and Arbitrators are provided at no cost to you.
In accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EU and Switzerland to the United States. GlobeTax has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to both Privacy Shield Principles as applicable. Details of the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield Framework may be found here: https://privacyshield.gov/. GlobeTax hereby gives the following notices. The same notices, except as not applicable, are given in accordance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
- GlobeTax participates in the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. GlobeTax’s inclusion on the Privacy Shield List may be found here: https://privacyshield.gov/list.
- The types of information we collect include information reasonably adequate, relevant, and not excessive to allow us to perform the services for which we have been engaged.
- GlobeTax commits to be subject to the Principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield for all personal data received from the European Union reliance on the EU-U.S. Privacy or from Switzerland on reliance on the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
- GlobeTax collects information for the purpose of performing the services for which it is engaged that its evaluation of those services.
- Inquiries or complaints regarding privacy issues may be addressed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure the security of information, GlobeTax may require certain inquiries and requests to be in writing and/or certified as it may direct.
- GlobeTax only discloses personal information as required to perform the services for which it has been engaged, including to applicable tax authorities and their agents.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data. To ensure the security of information, GlobeTax may require certain inquiries and requests to be in writing and/or certified as it may direct.
- Individuals may limit the use and disclosure of their personal data via their decision to engage GlobeTax and/or the party that engages GlobeTax on their behalf.
- For purposes of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, the independent dispute resolution body designated to address complaints and provide appropriate recourse free of charge to the individual is JAMS pursuant to their JAMS EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Program(s). The same will apply with respect to matter arising under the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program, except that the fees will be allocated to the losing party in such dispute.
- GlobeTax agrees to be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Individuals may invoke binding arbitration in the event of a dispute hereunder that is not resolved in accordance with the above-specified dispute resolution mechanism. Arbitrations may be on an individual, not class, basis only and must relate to a specific, non-theoretical dispute, for which a remedy actually exists.
- GlobeTax may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In the context of an onward transfer GlobeTax has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. GlobeTax shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless it proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Individual non-public information (NPI) is used solely for the purpose contracted for with the individual or through their associated financial organization. Such purpose include, but are not limited to, cross border tax reclamation of over withheld taxes and the associated processes and certifications. Such information may be disclosed to agent banks of their financial institutions, governments of the countries to which the individual is attempting to reclaim, governments for countries where the individual holds securities.